Tuesday, May 02, 2006

'JUST' A WALK

I walked a Lonely road, or was it a Road that was walked by a lonely Me.....two sides of a coin i guess. But then i was looking onto only one side, ignorant of the other. Not long away, the presence of another side was intimated to me by a total stanger with whom i had this apprehensive-encounter of meeting once but comes repercussing to my mind for all times to come.

So as a lonely Me walked through the street also lonely as I, a distant energy hit on me. I wasn't lonely afterall(neither was the street) and my eyes prodded to focus on a relatively (compared to me) small brute transfixed with his glazzies(eyes) on me. First shot, ran through my nerves clanging the alarm tone in my heart. Next 2 seconds, the apprehensiveness created a sort of paralysis and i stood like a statue. As the shock died down and a few milliseconds of involuntarily searching my built-in encyclopedia i came to know that the person staring so hard at me was a Dog!.....Of Course, what else could live by the roadside having four legs, with a long pointed head, sharp teeth and most distinctively a curved tail!. But then he seemed to look virtually gigantic. (I wonder how just a distinctive stare could kindle so many emotions!!)

So, is this guy gonna attack me?....He was staring at me so hard, it just paralysed me as if caught in a spider's web. Racking my mind, time running out(i was so goddamn scared) i had to decide...Run! or Retaliate!. Run would have been the move, but then luckily my receptors being quite strong brought in loads of 'Never run in front of a Dog!' stuff. So i did not run, but Stood, rooted.

What was this guy upto?...I went searching for, When i had caused harm to such a fellow-ecological friend. I found None. The heavy adrenaline that ran through that column subsided..I was relieved. This wasn't about Revenge. However the Coup was still on and i had to find the problem. Funny! that at times problems seem more important than solutions. But there was my head, suddenly more hot than the sun itself. What should i do now?... All my thoughts were running helter-skelter except one perceivable enough to understand, Escape!. But how?
Retaliate!...someone was telling from inside my ears. Bend down to pick a stone?....I didn't. Not that i was a fan of the Mahatma, (I would have made HITLER sound kind instance) i didn't know how this psycho would react to such an overwhelm of emotion. So i took the safer side...I stood still, rooted.

Desperation was at its forte...'React you monster!' i shouted in the vaacum within me. I rationalised and decided to act, I wanted to take the upper-edge, I wanted to intimidate. So there came my first act of bravery. I closened my brows faking angry eyes and looked directly into the eyes of my adversary. Futile!!!. A grumpy sound that followed vibrated my eardrum and shook the nuts out of me. My faithful encyclopedia immediately decoded this to be the 'bark' with a detailed explanation of it symbolising Anger!. However there was my proud self still standing like Alexander, rooted.

'Help Me', I thought. 'Damn', I said....A couple of calm moments. 'Face it', I decided. Then came the history of my redemption, I took the first step....with my right leg. A pretty short one i guess, about half a foot in distance.

No reaction from my opponent!.

Then came the second step, my left seemed to co-ordinate. Good!

Still No reaction!. I refused to look.

Now the right came more easily. The left followed, then the right and left alternatively.

Within 10 seconds i reached the adjoining street, bustling with activity a long way from my resister. I saw him turn back, walk and take a place at the mound of sand that lay alongside the pavement. I walked my road - embarassed, shaken and relived.

'What a damned escape!', I thought. I was ashamed of having been beaten by a passive intimidator. "Sixth Sense!!", I confounded myself, "No idea where that useless fellow of mine had gone. I was there competing with a dog with no use of my most valuble sense standing undecided what to do. The final way for my escape being a simple straight-forward Walk!. I smirked, irritated by my incompetence.

I took the stairs that led me to my destination. I pulled open the gates and entered the safe boundaries of my house. As i opened the door, my sister came running towards me.

"Did you see?", she asked. I made a questioning look.

"The dog!..", she said. "...down the road. Its gone berserk. Bit two men from the corporation who tried to capture it and even a kid who tried to run away from it."

"Oh!.. ", I reflected "...I avoided it!"

"How?", she asked with curious eyes.

I paused. A smile evaporated my lips.

"Not bothered", I guessed.

25 Comments:

Blogger Rahul & Karthikeyan said...

great!... i can really relate to this da...i ve had lotsa skirmishes with stray dogs, though it always ended up with both of us running away in opposite directions.... good post da... but do post frequently...not like ur earlier one abt movies....

5/04/2006 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger Harris Baskaran said...

very expressive .. i like the way u go into the detail. And in a wide sense u made a great point that our intutions are very strong and sometimes we should do what our heart tells us to do. gr8 work da... love to read more from u..

5/04/2006 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/05/2006 01:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice and neat!!!!way to go man!!!do hv more posts!!!!!!

5/05/2006 01:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get your point da.. you've written something just for the sake of it.

5/05/2006 04:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mams.. the blog is fine.. one change i can say is,, all the people who read this wont be well versed in vocabulary. So try to use common words when describing the incidents. I knw this might reduce the 'swarasyam' of the entire matter, But try to use more common words. Other tha that ur blog is ok. The ending could've been better

5/05/2006 06:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mams.. the blog is fine.. one change i can say is,, all the people who read this wont be well versed in vocabulary. So try to use common words when describing the incidents. I knw this might reduce the 'swarasyam' of the entire matter, But try to use more common words. Other tha that ur blog is ok. The ending could've been better

5/05/2006 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger Ramya Satyam said...

good one... i've been confronted by 4 such dogs once :D
thatz a brilliant description...

5/05/2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Ramya Satyam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/05/2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kaushik said...

great blog man...

n all those people suggesting changes...for what??!!!

its his blog goddammit.. hes not entering some short story contest... or he isnt turning in a science project with the "correct" answers!

crazy!!!

neways.... once again.. great blog man... keep it goin.....

5/05/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome da....nice n apt use of vocabulary resource...it also helps others to learn more words...keep the work goin dude...

5/07/2006 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me give the compliments first. The opening paragraph is excellent. It is the kind which captures the readers interest. Fantastic way of expressing things and emotions man. That was the best part of the blog. And your vocalbulary is fantastic. Keep up the vocabulary,dont dilute it.
Now on the drawbacks or rather the drawback. The plot did not sustain interest after the first few paras. Though the use of language was good in the middle part it was not enough to sustain interest.
I must say that the way you ended it was good. There was something to be understood from it.
Work on the contents dude and you are going to rock!!

5/07/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Karthick said...

dai i went through the blog and the comments da... i think the most apt comment would be from HARISH... tat was the exact thing that i wanted to say.... the plot initially was interesting and the style of narration pakka.... As he said, the content part of it have to be improved.... could have introduced some twists and turns... Out of curiousity am askin this : IS THIS UR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE??... And there is no need to mention abt the vocab... thats all in the blood... So expectin ur next blog tat would keep everyone wonderin wat the next line would have in store.... TATS it dude

5/09/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

machi.. nice piece of work...

but i think u need to simpify ur languageso tht everyone understands... nevertheless good work... keep it goin!

5/13/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are all u ppl raving about
this is juvenile doodling
its pointless and i cant believe i actually wasted 3 minutes on my life reading this piece of BS...

5/14/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word of advise
dont do anything jus becuase everybody is doing it

5/14/2006 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Rahul & Karthikeyan said...

heey daa... good post... i really liked the way u were descriptive bout the event... nd relatin this to ur phobia of mutts... gave a good laugh i shud say... nd as many hav alredy mentioned.. u cud cut down on the language a bit... but then..heeey...its ur blog... ur domain.. ur rules... keep postin... keep rockin... lookin fwd on the nxt post da!!!...

5/16/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger The Mocking Spirit said...

Wow...thats ur first post and u already have like 20 comments.
Well this post is worth commenting actually.
Brilliantly put into words.
I liked this esp.
"I walked a Lonely road, or was it a Road that was walked by a lonely Me.....two sides of a coin i guess. But then i was looking onto only one side, ignorant of the other."

Very nicely put.
Keep it coming.

Check out my blogs too...sometime.
ciao for now

5/23/2006 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

di this is also a good one . but ur characters are so hyped . and y du mention about reebok tracks , adidas cap etc . don use these brand names .

5/31/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thambee..........
just a walk is amazing!!!!!!!

6/01/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could have told the story a few years earlier.i wouldnt have had to run 4streets non-stop to escape;

7/29/2006 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your way of presenting things is good. i like the punch on the last sentance

2/04/2007 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good one..de english is too good...u hav choosen de rite words at de rite places..gr88 job...get goin..!!

3/20/2007 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) Good work man!It so happens that,there are four dogs in my street, who happen to think that the street belongs to them.Ha Ha!I can quote many an instance where the driver of our office cab never let me get down near my house.He just drives past(or rather, should I say that they chase him past my home!!) and I need to walk back every single time!Thanks to my four legged friends.And,there is no point in me putting that irritated look on my face (that says 'Oh! who said dogs are darlings!!Grrr..' )and glaring at them as I walk past!Well,of whatever might deter them,'THAT',surely doesn't seem to have much effect!!Rather,they just come running to me ,wagging those 'curved':) tails of theirs,as though they've just rescued me from that poor driver!Ha!Ha..How glad they'd be ,if they had the sense to know, that some one's writing about them :)!Well..lets look at the lighter side!Its fun .. that look on the driver's face!! :) You keep it strong and going man! See ya!

5/19/2007 01:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job..... i liked it more than ur other pieces... i cud visualise thinge...so if the reader can feel the impact of ur work..then u have succeeded.....so i guess u hav succeeded... liked ur work...rite more:)-shika

6/13/2008 03:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home